Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sometimes We Fight More Than Just Food...Part Two

Let's just go ahead and pick this up in June of 2010.

I've tried with VERY little success to get a hold of the principal at "no-name Elementary". I've called the school's general number and left voice-mails as well as I've e-mailed him. No response. I've decided to take matters into my own hands and above/beyond the principal's control. I decided to call not only the school district's main office, but also our local office of Civil Rights. After getting an immediate response from The Office of Civil Rights, I suddenly also heard back from the district. Small miracle, but I even received an e-mail from the principal. I'm amazed at how suddenly getting back to me has become a priority.

There is a long list of what went wrong and where, but if you're ever in need of advice, I can definitely let you know what to watch for and how. I was caught completely off guard with just HOW bad our situation has been handled.

The district 504 coordinator has been in touch with me personally and taken over the whole process vs the principal taking any responsibility here. I will be sure to file a complaint with the district as well as a grievance against the school. I'm deeply saddened by this entire situation. I'm more than disappointed with the choice of FREE PUBLIC school we have available to us in our neighborhood.

I don't know where we're going from here at this point when it comes to schooling, but right now, nothing has me feeling okay with Liv going to "No-Name Elementary". That's sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment