Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Daughter is a Warrior, She is My Hero.

Today, as I was driving home from work, I was listening to our local radio station, Alice 105.9. I knew that their annual 36 Hours For Kids had kicked off this morning and as usual, I tuned in. I don't ever change my radio from this station during this event. Children's Hospital along with National Jewish are both hospitals that are incredibly amazing and important to our lives! They've seen my Liv through so very much and have been a wonderful source of not only health, but counseling, comforting and that was for me, my Liv AND her brother. They never let us down.

Be a hero and donate HERE, they already have my information permanently on file.

Now, my aside: Today, the DJ's (forgive me for not using names, because I'm not entirely sure which one said what - I think this was a conversation between Slacker and Steve though)were saying, "I'm tired - this is an emotional toll and I don't want to do it anymore. BUT, I think about those folks upstairs and how many times have they NOT wanted to do it anymore??" I can raise my hand and say that there have been months that I have said those very words...daily. They went on to say that the staff are warriors and they are spot on, they are. I have to add that I do believe our *children* are warriors. My Liv is a warrior, every single day and she does it all with the brightest smile that you've ever seen. My daughter is *my* hero. The DJ's also said, "if you have healthy children, please go home and hug them...hug them for me. Hug them because they are healthy and you are just lucky." That is definitely something I can stand behind, if your children are healthy, be so thankful for this and today, hug them with a grateful heart. If you have a food allergic kiddo that is typically a healthy child, hug them and be thankful for that everyday health. My Liv has been struggling in one way or another since December, but this seems pretty typical every year. It's frustrating and I feel like crying daily, I feel like I can't make heads or tails of anything if it's outside of her health. I spend most days trying to focus on Tai, work, myself, my relationships and truth be told - they are all a little bit blurry right now. Last week, Liv missed 3 days of school, per her doctor's orders...this week, she was sent home early on Monday and Tuesday. I can't lie, when they called yesterday, I felt the headache I already had swell into one of those headaches that leaves you crying for mercy. I took a couple of hours to get myself together and let myself feel all sorts of self-pity and then that was it, it all had to be put behind me - in front of me was my smiling Liv. How can I NOT do this daily, when she stands there smiling and taking it all in without a second thought.

How do you turn *this smile* down? I sure can't.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment